Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Final Countdown


It's the night before I leave. America is about to be behind me, but always with me (on my shoelaces mainly). After being tired the whole day, I have found myself not even drowsy now. I think it is a mix of the excitement, nervousness, and videogames I have been playing the last few hours. Hopefully I'll get some rest and then be able to sleep on the plane tomorrow, but that is always difficult, so we'll see.

I do think I'm ready to go. I'm packed, I have my flight itineraries, and my apartment in Madrid settled. Trying to pack for 4 months was one the most difficult tasks I have embarked on... at least this week. Packing for me may be one of the things I hate most in the world and in fact I have come up with a list of the things I hate most:

1. Packing/Unpacking
2. Injustice
3. Goodbyes

Packing/Unpacking because they always come together, the duo of danger if you will. Injustices such as murder, pointless war, theft, etc are always bad and make me upset for obvious reasons. And the new one I've found recently is goodbyes. I've had to say goodbye to a lot of people lately and I really don't enjoy it at all. Although I'm going away for a longer period of time, there is really no need for any extra time spent in saying the goodbye. It doesn't seem like a slightly longer salutation is going to change anything.

But I will now give you a short goodbye for now, I will be in Spain the next time I post and hopefully I will make it safely. I think that the fewer stories I have from travel the better.

2 comments:

  1. Shoelaces? Explain, please.

    I'm looking forward to hear of your first adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So my shoelaces/shoes are red, white, and blue. My colors must run true.

    ReplyDelete